What to Wear for Fall Photos
Figuring out what to wear for fall photos can be overwhelming! Thankfully, we know just how to help! Whether you're coordinating a big family shoot, grabbing some pics with your girlfriends, or just looking for outfit inspo for Thanksgiving dinner, we've selected some of our favorite versatile looks that will work for you! From colors to textures, finding your style is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3 - cheese!
Make a big style impact without overpowering your smile! A good statement piece takes the guesswork out of coordinating everyone’s looks for a group or family pic - use the different colors in the pattern as inspo for their outfits! Plus with these soft, flowy silhouettes, you’ll still feel fab while you’re chasing down the kids for the photographer.
For an eye-catching look, grab these easy to wear styles, pair with your favorite boots or booties, and you’re ready to say cheese.
1. Golden Hour Dress - simply stunning, this midi length dress makes a serious statement that's ultra flattering
2. Milana Floral Dress - this knee length beauty features a gorgeous, custom designed floral pattern that works from spring to fall
3. Favorite Button Up Plaid Dress - a go-with-anything denim plaid pattern with our signature soft Favorite Button Up top fabric makes this an easy choice for fall pics!
4. Olive/Navy Tartan Pocket Poncho Scarf - our famous, wearable blanket, this super soft accessory can be worn as a poncho layered over a simple top and denim jeans for a head-turning look, or wear as a blanket scarf to keep out the chill
5. Fringed Teardrop Earrings - since your outfit's doing the talking, keep your earrings simple. These teardrop earrings are lightweight, come in silver and gold, and go with anything from statement dresses to everyday tops and sweaters!
6. Rectangle Star Necklace - this little beauty is perfect for wearing alone or layered for a subtle, flattering look (need extra length? Grab a Necklace Extender to make an easy adjustment!)
7. Wide Brim Felted Fedora Rancher Hat - add the finishing touch to your statement style with this soft fedora rancher hat
This time of year is all about cozy textures! Plush knits and scarves are a great way to add dimension to your photos this season. Luckily, our fabric blends are designed to be ultra soft (and itch-free!), so you can stay comfy and confident as you strike that pose!
From waffle knits to subtle distressing to daintly lace trim, these looks are all about adding the right amount of detail to your special day's style.
1. Vintage Denim Jacket - Sitting close to the body, this cool weather staple is soft, stretchy, and adds the perfect touch of slight distressing and vintage charm to layer over camis, tops, and textured sweaters like our Lightweight Wubby Sweater
2. Fringe Midnight Striped Fall Scarf - this cozy, soft blanket style scarf gives you an easy layer filled with beautiful, seasonally colors that also keeps you warm as the temps drop
3. Slouchy Waffle Tee - this lightweight short sleeved tee layers easily underneath jackets and cardis for a subtle pop of texture
4. Skip Stitch Cabled Button Sweater - a classic wardrobe staple with gorgeous, lightweight skip stitch detailing that adds a little something special to your look
5. Lace Trim Cami - layer this cami underneath cardigans and jackets to make a sweet statement
6. Cable Knit Popover - cable knits are a must have for the season, and this simple popover adds the right amount of interest when layered over a long sleeved tee and denim jeggings
7. Repurposed Lightly Distressed Denim - add a touch more texture with these lightly distressed jeggings, plus these offer plenty of comfy stretch
8. Barely Boot Dark Washed Denim - balance out your textured tops and sweaters with this classic, dark washed denim look
Color your season! We love deep neutrals for fall, but that doesn't mean you can't change things up a bit with adding in shades of purple, greens, and all things spice. Taking our cues from nature this season, these favorites give you plenty of options for letting your personality shine through!
1. Alayah Accordion Top - this gorgeous spice-y number is flowy and flattering, perfect for posing for pics or leaving you room for turkey on Thanksgiving
2. Mel's Pretty Peplum Top - there's nothing more universally flattering than a peplum silhouette. Grab this pretty sweater in Spanish moss or brick for a versatile photo-worthy favorite.
3. Slouchy Knit Button Cardi - a staff favorite, this cardigan features gorgeous, on trend ribbed pointelle knit, plus this winterberry color layers beautifully over basic tops and camis for a look that pops
4. Knit Peplum Jacket - this soft, stretchy layering essential adds a touch of colorful on trend style, without adding any bulk to your look
5. Belted Cable Cardi - a classic look, this cable knit cardi can be worn open or tied for a custom, flattering style that's easy to layer over camis and tops
6. Sueded Twill Joggers - sure joggers are great for wearing with sneakers, but why not play up the elevated suede detail on these beauties and pair with heels or wedge booties?! We love these wine joggers for a dash of unexpected color and fun.
7. Bambu Ribbed Button Cardigan - planning photos or gatherings stressing you out? Grab this Bambu cardigan. Look like a million bucks, feel like you never left your jammies. It's an instant style statement plus stress reliever!
8. Faux Leather Leggings - keep it comfy with these faux leather leggings! Soft, and ultra stretchy, these leggings are perfect for changing it up from regular denim jeggings, plus the wide yoga waistband keeps you comfy all day long!
9. Statement Hoops in Brushed Gold - these lightweight, go with anything beauties let your look do all the shining
Florals aren't just for spring! Keep your fall wardrobe fresh this season with updated floral patterns perfect for celebrating and making memories. Like all of our patterns, our floral designs are custom made by our in house design team, so you know you're getting a look you won't find anywhere else!
1. The Carlee Top - one of our most popular designs this season, this peasant style woven top features a gorgeous floral watercolor ditsy print against a dark background that works from fall to spring
2. Marley Embroidered Floral Top - simple but statement making, this long sleeved top features delicate floral embroidery across the front making it a sweet, feminine choice for layering underneath jackets and scarves
3. Crochet Trim Cami - layer this beautiful woven fall floral cami with soft crochet neckline detail underneath cardigans, shackets, and jackets this season for a pretty-as-a-picture look
4. Layered Lace Mock Neck Top - ok, this one might make you steal the show, but can you blame it?! Soft, stretchy lace overlay and detachable cami underneath keep this show stopper an easy favorite for pictures and celebrations this season!
5. All Day Denim - balance out your floral top with classic, sleek denim like these dark indigo favorites
6. Waist Tie Flares - complement your feminine top with these ultra flattering waist tie flares - fasten the waist tie in a bow or side knot for an instant confidence boost
7. Flat Chain Necklace - an easy basic necklace to style alone or layered to complete your look
Shop all photo inspo styles here!
Tell us below - what's your favorite picture-worthy look this season? Share your go-to styles below and leave some inspo for others!